May 6, 2009

Desert Adventure

Caris
I forgot to say that, when the plane was landing in Dubai, my wobbly tooth came out!

Amanda took us into the desert to see how the Bedouin people live, in tents and with carpets on the sand! We went ‘dune bashing’ where you go up and over high dunes in a 4X4. The car went uuuup and dooown and siiiide to siiide and I vomited. Then Mum. And then Étienne!

We went camel riding. It was really fun but at the beginning and end, when the camel stands up and kneels down, it is really scary because you think you are going to fall off. But the man protects you.

There was this lady and she was doing belly dancing and she called me, and my family, and our friend Amanda, to go up and do some belly dancing, too!

Étienne
When we got there, Caris and I got some tattoos. I told Mum to also have a tattoo and she got a flower. I got a scorpion and a cobra! Caris got her name written in Arabic. The food was delicious … but there were some tastes I did not recognize.

It was really, really late when we got home and we fell asleep in the car.

Dubai is a bit like Namibia because it has desert and is hot. But here it is humid and the city is full of big buildings. Sheiks (sort of like a king) can have up to 4 wives … but have to buy each one a palace, so there are loads of massive houses! Dubai is part of the United Arab Emirates.

No comments: