January 3, 2010

Poems for our Dad's birthday

The Best Dad – by Caris
You tauht me how to pray,
You gave me hugs all day.
You put me to bed with my toy,
You bring me lots of joy.
You changed my nappy,
Which made me very happy.
You make me laugh a lot,
You are just like Lancelot.

You’re always there for me even when I’m grumpy!
You’re the best Dad in the world!

Darling dad
Ant saver
Doodling dad
David Andrew
You call me ‘ratbag’

Dad the Best – by Étienne

(to the tune of lavenders’ blue - the 'animal' is Domino)
Animal good, dilly dilly, animal bad.
When I’m your son, said Étienne, You’re my loved Dad.
Who told you so, said the cat, Who told you so?
My heart told me so, said the da-ad, That I love you so.
I love you too, said Étienne, I love you too.
We all love you, said family, We all love you!

Doing what’s best for his son
Always loving his son
Decorating his children’s heart with love
Destroying all evil near his children
You love us and we love you





No comments: